Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Leaving the comfort/safety of my couch.

So I went to Riverwinds today. . .
(our community center)
I wanted to feel how buoyant I was in the water, & also see if it would help the boys flip.


<---nice pool huh?



Thoughts. . .
(in no particular order)
  • I am pain free in the water. It was GLORIOUS!
  • The water was the perfect temperature. Bath water?
  • It felt good to be active again & swim some slow laps.
  • I miss working out. A lot
  • I don't waddle when I walk in the water. woo-hoo!
  • I miss Kate, Jen, & Em & our laps at the Ko'Olina Lagoons after work.
  • I look HOT in a bikini. ha Especially when the boys make my belly all deformed/mishap-en (word?!)
  • Although I was all deformed & the boys were moving lots, I don't believe they flipped. DARN! Not even when I did headstands. YUP, totally did headstands...I don't think they were very pretty though. I did not however attempt to front flip in water (don't think I quite have the core strength for that 1).
  • HOLY CRAP is it hard to get OUT of the water. OMG. I felt a zillion LBS heavier than when I went in...totally didn't think I was gonna make it up the steps. Actually couldn't the 1st time, so I played it off like I was just stretching. ha Then went back for round 2.



<---I think the boys will have fun here.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

haha Rach! Headstands! I love it! Just keep going back and maybe they'll flip! Here's hoping!!!

Dolly said...

Rachael. Let's hope the boys get the message and decide to a flip...

Sally and Paul said...

That is a wonderful Pool!!! Can you go there often?? I sure hope so. Glad it is so comfy in the water.

{natalie} said...

being in the water was my favorite when i was pregnant with kade. i hope you get to go often!

Kathy said...

What a great place to go...have fun...turn babies turn!

jody said...

Rachel and Brian..Congratulations!
I have been enjoying reading about your pregnancy of your twins. It will be so exciting to have the little guys here. Keep up the good work cooking them.
Ethan's Mom