Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Welcome to the boys' nursery. . .

The boys' nursery. . .

It really did turn out beautifully, if I do say so myself.
I literally walk in there every morning when I wake up, and every night before bed & smile. Is that strange? It makes me so happy, no matter how crummy I feel.


Growth chart, from Cath & Mike...so we can measure how big & strong the boys are!!
I love that theres spots for their pictures...
Bath hoodies/towels-nothing cuter than a baby wrapped up in one of these after a warm bath. I can't wait!!
Tree decal my Gram gave me.
I put it up myself & all of the leaves match the babies bedding.
I love how their bumbo seats are sitting under the tree.
Diaper genie, Changing table (thanks Aunt Kathy), & frog humidifier
Nice & organized!!

Baby crib with sage accents.
Thanks to my sister Krissi for the crib!
& Thanks to Sally for making all the super cute bedding, its perfect!!
BTW-we've had many requests for your seamstress abilities (with the cloth books too).
I totally think you should go into business.

Baby crib with brown accents.

Dresser, video monitor (still needs mounting), twin frame, memo board with US pics and 2 super soft blankies (I may have to steal them)
OCD? lil' bit. Don't knock it.
If you think this door organizer is organized you should see all the stuff thats in the drawers above.

Handmade burp cloths (thanks Sally & Nat), receiving blankets, & diapers
Clothes clothes clothes...all sooooo cute!! (more in the guest room closet)
Can't wait to dress my lil boys alike!

It's hard to see, but I bought these cute separator things that go on the bar to divide the clothes by sizes. Very handy!
Clothes, & the start of a diaper supply...should last us a few days.

On the right, handmade baby blankets (thanks Grandmom Drissel, Sally, Ginny, & Darlene)

*************************************************
More Baby Shower Pics. . .

Starting with the favors my sis Ange made.
A sweet Thank You Poem on a book mark from the boys (to go with book theme).
LOVE the paisley pattern on the back too.
ALL the books the boys got... filled up the rest of the bookcase.
I hope they love to read!!
Pack & Play/bassinet/changing table combo my Mom & Poppy got us.
As you can see the girls love to nap there...
this was taken right before I kicked Zoey out. Sorry baby girl-it's for your brothers!

On an aside...my poppy thinks its hysterical b/c it has a remote
It lights up, vibrates, & plays music.
These pack n plays have come a long way!!
Diaper bags!!!
I LOVE the Vera Bradley set my sis Ange got me...
already have it filled and ready for an outing =)

& on the right...a super cute one from my aunts/cousins

My g/f Tab is INSANE...this swing is one item she bought for the boys among MANY!!
Already assembled & ready to go-thanks babe. (although he did say it took him & his friend Chris an hour, hehe)
Isn't it adorable...I love the lil' owls.
Some more crafty diaper cakes by Ange!!
(sorta fallin apart from all the transporting)




Hope you liked the pics!
We're so excited & can't wait for the boys to get here!

8 comments:

{natalie} said...

oh my goodness, i love everything. you are totally stocked. all you will need is diapers. i love the tree decal your gram gave you. it's awesome and the bumbos look cute hanging out underneath.

love you!

Sally and Paul said...

Wow, all you need is the boys! Glad you are well stocked. You and Brian will be using everything. Can't wait to see you guys in April.

Jackie said...

You need to take a picture of it from the opening door or something....I want to see it all at once! :) It looks so great though! Eric and I will definitely have to move before we have kids - I've turned the two bedrooms that should have been kids rooms into a craft room, and guest room! And after seeing your awesome nursery, I'm gonna need one when we have kids! lol Love it Rach! Looks great!

Kathy said...

Everything looks perfect! Thank you for posting it all. I really enjoyed looking through the pictures and reading the captions.

Rachel and Brian said...

Thanks everyone! I love the room sooo much! So happy with how it all turned out. Jackie- after i took the pics, and uploaded, I was like "crap...i forgot the from the door shot" but was too lazy to go upstairs again. I will get to it though!

Dolly said...

So glad you have EVERYTHING for the boys,but I did not see a rocking chair.

Rachel and Brian said...

A friend of ours has a rocket/ottoman combo he's gonna give us, so we will have 1 soon!

Anne-Marie said...

Looks great! And trust me you'll need everything! lol.