Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just finished...

Yes, another girly read. I can't help myself, it makes the time go by quicker on the elliptical.

"Can You Keep a Secret", by Sophie Kinsella


I thought this book was adorable...I was sad it ended, but not so sad that it ended my cardio (I get too bored without a book).

Here's the plot...

Things are suddenly starting to look up for the hapless but optimistic Emma Corrigan. She has kept her job at Panther Cola for nearly a year, has the perfect boyfriend and hopes for a promotion to marketing executive should her first opportunity to strut her stuff and land a business deal be successful. Unfortunately, things don't go quite as planned, and on her unusually turbulent return flight from a disappointing client meeting, in a terrified state, she confesses her innermost secrets to the good-looking stranger sitting beside her. When she shows up at work the next morning, she is horrified to discover that her mystery man is none other than the revered and brilliant Jack Harper, American CEO of Panther Cola, on a weeklong visit to the company's U.K. branch. Thus begins a series of chaotic, emotionally exhausting and funny episodes that thrust Emma, with her workaholic best friend, Lissy, and their awful flatmate Jemima, into a world of fairy tales, secrets and deceit.

5 comments:

midori said...

Have you read the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" books? The characters crack me up!

Rachel and Brian said...

No I havent...its a series right? I think I almost picked them up, I will have to next time!

midori said...

I got hooked on the series when I was in Japan and had to buy the paperbacks for 3 times the price in Tokyo. I think there are like 14 in the series now. I love Stephanie's grandma and her friend Lula. Stephanie is a bounty hunter . . .but, it isn't as stupid as it sounds. You should check them out!

{natalie} said...

i think i have read this book, but i can't remember. i am reading a thousand splendid suns right now

midori said...

Ooooo! I really liked a thousand splendid suns . . .loved the kite runner too! We should start a book club. : p