Friday, August 15, 2008

Wine and Cheese

Carlos and Emily invited some friends to their house for a "Wine and Cheese Tasting." I was a bit skeptical at first, because I had never attended such an event. Also, I was worried because Carlos told me it wasn't dinner, but just little appetizers and stuff. Rach and I were pretty hungry going over there, and I thought we were definitely going to be forced to hit the Wendy's late night afterwards.

Boy was I wrong. They had all these delicious meats, cheeses, and appetizers. We did not leave hungry. I really liked the format of just eating a bunch of little things instead of one big meal.  I was scared of the melon wrapped with some kind of thinly sliced smoked meat, but it was pretty tasty. The bruschetta was delectable, and I ate about a pound of fresh mozzarella.

I have no idea what kind of wine we had, but I drank it and it was good.  You can tell by looking at the pictures who the real wine afficionados are because some of us held the wine glass by the stem and some of us held it like a beer glass.  Amateurs.

For dessert Midori brought Bearded Papa's cream puffs, which are my absolute favorite.  Addam said they were awesome, and he would know because he, "F'n loves pastries!"



The spread.


L to R is Jason, Midori, Emily, Me


Me, Carlos, and Addam (notice how Carlos is gazing at me)

Rach's pimp face and Carlos's regular face

8 comments:

Juliet said...

how fun!

{natalie} said...

you crack me up, you should blog more often. no offense rach

ethan

Rachel and Brian said...

I totally agree! No offense taken- Rachel

{natalie} said...

i tried to comment earlier but it wasn't connecting. the party looks fun and i love rach's pimp face. so glad you didn't need to stop for wendy's afterwards.

Rachel said...

That looks like so much fun and they definitely had quite a spread! Loved Rach's pimp face- hilarious. lol. (Btw, probably prosciutto around the melon. yum!)

Sally and Paul said...

fun, fun, fun, when are you going to host a party like that??????

cathi said...

looks like my kind of fun. you will have to duplicate it for us when you come home. love, cathi

cathi said...

looks like my kind of fun. you will have to duplicate it for us when you come home. love, cathi