Sunday, May 18, 2008

It will be a cold day in hell HPD

My friend Andy is leaving the island tomorrow, so a couple of us went to brunch and then the beach. Andy rented kayaks, so we all took turns paddling out to this bird sanctuary/island off the coast of Lanikai. Don't listen to Rach when she tells you she beat me in the paddling race. She had the better kayak.






So I always tell Rach that we have to stop posting pics of us at the beach or hanging out in downtown Waikiki or having mai tais by the sunset or swimming under waterfalls, because everyone back home is probably cursing us. Well if it makes you feel better, we got a parking ticket while at the beach. Good ol' HPD. I swear they do nothing except for give parking and speeding tickets. They didn't catch a single person when:
1. The car got stolen, and the kid ran when they tried to stop him.
2. Rachel got attacked by meth heads, and gave the Po Po the license plate number
3. Our stereo got stolen, and they lifted a print off the car
4. Our cousins' rental car was broken into, and ALL of their stuff was stolen

BUT.... they gave us a parking ticket for "parked to obstruct the intersection." Well, I took a picture, and you tell me if we were even close to obstructing the intersection. (My friend Ryan got a ticket too... think it is a coincidence that the two cars with military post decals got tickets?)



On principle alone I refuse to pay the ticket, but HPD's track record with me seals the deal. They wont see a dime of my money.


9 comments:

Rachel and Brian said...

HA!! I spanked him...don't let him tell you otherwise. (ask his buddies). In fact, I had already cooled off with a victory swim before he even pulled his kayak ashore.

Becca said...

Yeah, I don't think you are that close to the intersection---the curb wasn't red or anything was it? I think you should go fight it in court. They must have just been trying to get a quota or something.

Juliet said...

That is crazy. Those Po-Po's need something else to do!

*ethan* said...

that sounds like a cool sea trip..... F the man i wouldn't pay shit

Rachel and Brian said...

Nope. curb wasn't red or yellow. and we werent near any1's driveway either. plus that sign says no parking after like 7 or something....soooo there was nothing saying we couldnt park there. were gonna fight it, and if we don't win, we wont pay it. lol we're leaving in nov. sooo GL collecting ur money

{natalie} said...

i think they just have it out for you guys. those jerks.

bri, maybe you should start working out so you can beat your buff wife in a kayak contest. haha.
ps did you get my voicemail???

Anonymous said...

Eric says that's horse. And seriously, "obstructing the intersection" - you should go put your car in the intersection and show them what "obstructing the intersection" really means! Also, you should go to court with your blog and complain - or just not pay the ticket. :)

Sally and Paul said...

How could cops pick on my Brian????? Rachel, you need to let Brian THINK he can beat you. HA

midori said...

Reminds me of last year when I got stopped in Waikiki for failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign. I stopped "too far back" and then when I went through the sign at less than the speed of a snail, they stopped me. There were NO cars around but I can bet you there were a bunch of hookers and drug dealers right around the corner that didn't get caught that night. At least the island is safe from a Prius driving kindergarten teacher who does not make complete stops!