Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Jenny is here!!!

So my g/f Jenny who used to live here but now lives in downtown SLC (where she's soon to take over the triathlon scene *watch out Nat & Ethan, hehe**)....anyways..shes here visiting for 2 weeks.

She came over Saturday night with our other friends Annie & Gene, & cooked US dinner. Yea thats right, she flew across the pacific & we didn't even cook for her. BUT to our defense, she wanted to cook & she did a fantastic job!! She has become quite the chef-married life agrees with her!! =)

Here are some pics from the night.

She made Honey Mustard Meat Loaf (DELICIOUS!!!!) with potatos & salad supplied by Annie & Gene. And for dessert we had brownies, yum!!



After dinner we played Girls vs. Boys in Cranium. I think they were cheating..thats the only reason I can come up with to explain why they beat us twice.

A good time was had by all!

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

um, meatloaf?? hmm. It looks like fun though and I wish we were there to play games with you (even though we didn't play games when we were there)

post some pics of the cousins too!!

Sally and Paul said...

Looks yummy. Do you have the recipe for the meatloaf??????
So where in SLC does your friend live?????

*ethan* said...

meatloaf is never good, dont care what you say!!

Rachel and Brian said...

thats what I said!! I'm telling you. I will send u the recipe. DELICIOUS!

Jenny & Justin said...

Peeps can say they don't like meatloaf ONLY if they try out this recipe and still don't like it:

HONEY MUSTARD MEATLOAF
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp dijon style mustard
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp chives

-Preheat Oven to 350*
-Combine beef, breadcrumbs, chives, salt & pepper (use your hands!)
-Add the eggs, mix gently, but thoroughly
-Shape in a loaf pan
-Combine honey and mustard, brush or pour evenly on top of loaf
-Bake for 30 minutes
-Combine more honey and mustard and top the loaf with it, sprinkle chives on top
-Bake for another 25-30 minutes

Soooooooo good! Any questions???

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Brian!!! I'm toliet training my kittens...they are doing so well! I'll put it in my blogs. Any tips? Let me know!