Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Hike

K. Falcon convinced Rach and I to go on this hike with her, Dave, Jen, and John.  I was told that it was an intermediate level 3.5 mile hike.  Sounded good to me.  Everyone knows I LOVE to get up early on the weekends and really just attack the day.  Take this island by the horns and squeeze every last ounce of fun out of it.  


Minor detail though:  The hike was 3.5 miles...each way.  And the ending point was on the top of this mountain ridge that I have always looked up at while driving and said to myself, "Gosh that looks so high.  It's practically in the clouds.  I wonder how anyone would ever get up there?"

It really wasn't that bad though.  The first 3/4 of the way was a pretty easy stroll up some switchbacks.  The last 1/4 or so was straight up this ridgeline.  There were some stairs involved, and Rach almost passed out about 100 feet from the top.  

Rach rehydrating after making it to the top.


Rach and I at the Kuliouou Trail End sign


One of the better pictures

You could see all the way from Kaneohe to Waimanalo to Koko Head to Hawaii Kai to Diamond Head.  So, instead of posting a billion pics, here is a short video to give you an idea of the view (have to give Rach credit for the creative cinematic idea).



 It was really windy up there and the audio didn't really do the scene justice, so I added a little Coldplay.  (That's how Rach knows I'm gay...name that movie)

7 comments:

Rachel and Brian said...

yup. ur gay. Like seriously gay. Coldplay?? C'mon now. ps- i told u not to put that pic of me up..

{natalie} said...

i love coldplay. if you were coming a little earlier in november we could go to the concert all together. hiking is SO fun. not really but nice when you get to the top.

rach you are hot!

Juliet said...

Just a beautiful view!

Anonymous said...

When are you guys coming out? And, I don't think we're getting out there. Eric can't get the time off since we took it off for the wedding... :( We will all just have to go back and visit sometime.

*ethan* said...

4o y o v...... that looks like a cool hike!

Sally and Paul said...

Paul and I had a "I'm dying" hikes at Glacier. You are right, it is worth it when you get to the top!!

Noelle said...

Hey guys, can you email me from your emails you use for blogspot? Cuz I made my blogger private to only people I add with thier emails. Thanks. I'm zerdonia@yahoo.com